Sunday, May 15, 2011

Funeral For A Friend

I attended Donnie's funeral today. How ironic that it was raining today too. I still can't believe that he's gone.

He was only 37. So young and he's been taken from life. His wife, their daughter, all of their close friends and co-workers, my father included. We were all there to pay our final respects. But there were other people there too.

FBI agents.

I know they were FBI, because Donnie's wife pointed them out to me. She mentioned that Donnie had seemed a little nervous and scared that they were around. This seems to lend credence to one of two possibilities for Donnie's death: either suicide, as they deemed it, or the FBI took him out.

It seems my list of friends and people I can trust is slowly thinning out, whether they are choosing to go alone, or they are dying.

At least one ally has been found: Dr. Cairo.

He has been missing for a month, but Specter and the PTC have found him.

Then again, I can't really say if he's definitely an ally or not. After figuring out Benefactor's puzzle, and Cairo disappearing for a month, it seems like perhaps Benefactor may be right, that we cannot trust Cairo. Then again, what proof do we really have that we can trust Benefactor too?

I guess for now, the best option is to trust myself, my sister Kay, and The Count. Afterall, he has been helping me.

-Lucien Drage
Leader of the Isabel Initiative and the Keeper Alliance
Fighter for the Cause
Survivor of The Threat
Defender of the Scared
Friend of the Free-willed
Brother to All

No comments:

Post a Comment