Monday, August 8, 2011

It Wasn't Room Service

It was Lobo. As soon as I opened the door to the room, he tackled me to the ground.

Lobo: Just stop giving us a hard time, Davies, and you won't get hurt.
Me: Just like you didn't hurt Donnie and Diana? You guys are just dirty, underhanded sneaks working for a corrupted department!
Lobo: Maybe so, but we're getting paid to do our job, and my job now is to stop you.
Me: (still struggling underneath Lobo) and just what exactly are you stopping me from?
Lobo: I have no reason to explain anything to you.
Me: You do if you're following the goddamn law, or do you not remember what that is anymore?
Lobo: I know the law, better than you ever will.
Me: Than maybe you'll know all about this part of the law.
Lobo: What part is that?
Me: Resisting arrest!

At that point, I managed to pull one of my arms free and I simply punched him in the face as hard as I could. He fell off of me, and I immediately made a run for the door. Surprisingly, Fitzsimmons wasn't hiding outside the room, so I managed to make a clean getaway. I had nothing left in the room, so I didn't care to turn back.

I booked it out of the hotel as fast as I could and hopped in my car. I pulled out of the lot and hit the road. Been driving since then. I was traveling up the east coast for awhile, now heading back south. I have a few places I need to visit before I can refocus on finding Drage or The Count.

2 comments:

  1. Shit, be careful. Keep a weapon of some sort on you, yeah? Like a pocket knife, or at least a baton or something. Even if you can't/don't use it, knowing it's there will make you feel better after stuff like this happening.

    Be careful, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh resisting arrest

    ReplyDelete