Monday, October 10, 2011

Brittany's Message

I did what I said I would. I went to see Brittany's father. When he let me in the house, the first words out of his mouth were, "You're by yourself. I guess that means Brittany will not be coming back. She said this might happen." I just looked at him with surprise. "You mean, she knew she wouldn't be returning?" He replied by saying, "Yeah. She told me that she knew what she was getting into by travelling with you. She didn't give me many details, saying it was better that way. She did tell me that if you came back to tell me this, to give you something."

He left the room for a moment, and when he came back, he was carrying a box with him. "I never opened it," he said, "because she said it was for your eyes only. I hope that whatever she left you is worthwhile. Please, stay here for a little bit and open it."

He left the room again, giving me the privacy to open the box. When I did, the only thing I found in there was a hoodie from the college that she went to: The University of Georgia. My size, too. She always said she wanted to buy one for me, just so I had something with me to remind me of her. I put it on and it fit perfectly. I put my hands in the pocket, and I felt a piece of paper. I pulled it out of the pocket. It was a letter to me.

Lucien,
      If you are reading this letter, that means the worst happened in Germany. Please, whatever happened, don't blame yourself. I knew I was getting myself into a terrible situation, but I chose to go anyway. I went with you because I still loved you. I never stopped. Don't ever forget that, and don't forget me. Keep my memory alive by continuing your fight. Don't let Him get you down, and don't give up. You're special. The Count sees that, Kelley saw that, and so did I. I'm sure that somehow, you'll survive everything and live a happy life. I'm just sad that I won't be able to enjoy it with you. Don't worry about taking Will with you, since knowing you, that's what you want to do. You don't want to get him involved with all of this, so the safest bet is to leave him here with my dad. Good luck in everything, Lucien.

I Love You,
Brittany

I started tearing up after reading this. She loved me, even after all the time after we broke up. And everything she said was true. I can't give up after coming so far. Whatever the end of my journey is, I have to reach that end. Whether it results in Him killing me, the FBI killing me, or me even managing to find something to help us defeat Him, I have to play this hand all the way through. There's no going back.

Tomorrow, Donnie and I will be heading back to Jersey. Count, it's time for us to finally meet.

Lucien Drage
Fighter
Avenger
Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment