Monday, June 27, 2011

Night Out/No Progress/Got Him

Friday night, Kelley and I went to the fair. It was opening night: Dollar Night. Parking was one dollar, some foods and all games/rides were a dollar, and admission was only two dollars. We tried to has as fun of a time as we could. I even managed to win her a small stuffed tiger from one of the water gun games. I think people were allowing me to win because of my arm, though. We went on the ferris wheel, saw the pig racing, the big cat show, we even went into their petting zoo. Normally, she loves it when she sees me with animals (and this little zoo had goats, Shetland ponies, camels, zebus, donkeys, llamas, etc...), but the entire night, there was no trace of a smile on her face.

I know it's only been two weeks since it happened, but Kelley has shown no signs of improvement or change. She continues to wake up screaming and crying at night. She is blaming herself for losing our baby. She thought that she could have protected herself from Sam, but she was unable to do so. However, she has mentioned something else now.

"If it wasn't for that man in the suit with her, I would have been able to defend myself."

Now I'm really scared for her. She has now seen Him, and He was the reason for all of this happening. It hurts me to know this.

I should have told her earlier on what was happening with me: Him chasing me, attacking me, even telling her about my past. Maybe if I warned her, we could have stopped this.

I'm seeing no choice now. I have to tell her the truth, but I'm afraid to do so. Kelley will hate me for hiding so much from her. I only thought that I was protecting her by keeping her away from this as much as I could. I guess I was wrong.

There is a little bit of good news, although I'm still not fully sure I believe it myself. The Count was right, saying it'd be more believable if I figured it out on my own, but it still seems too unreal.

I finally figured out (I hope) The Count's identity.

Based on the clues he has given me: been around for a long time, being the way he is because HE made him that way, speaking Aramaic. All of these clues have led me to only one possible person, and it seems based as much in mythology/fantasy as it can be traced in history as well. His name is Cartaphilus.

Most people who have heard of him know him as either The Wandering Jew or The Count St. Germaine.

With everything I've read on him, this is what I can gather about his past: he was a gatekeeper for Pontius Pilate during the life of Jesus Christ. When Jesus was carrying the cross, Cartaphilus told him to hurry along and get it over with. Jesus turned to him and said "I shall hurry along. But you will not. You shall remain until I return," or something along those lines. Nobody really knows for sure. As the years went by, Cartaphilus went on with his life as normal. But one day, when he was in his 80s, he felt some kind of pain inside him and passed out. When he came to, he saw his reflection and noticed he looked the same age he did when he saw Jesus.

Over time, this "ritual" of his continued to happen. When the time came for his change, he would fake his death, and then return as his own descendant. All of this is the myth and fantasy part of the story.

However, he has been spotted many times throughout history. Templars during the Crusades claimed to have met him in Jerusalem. He was spotted in 15th century Italy two times. He encountered the same woman both times, within 50 years of each other. When she saw him, she stated that he had not aged a single day since they saw each other. He was seen during the French Revolution, apparently warning Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette of the peasant uprising. The last documented time of him being spotted was in the early 20th century. He was captured during WWI by the German army, but eventually managed to escape.

And now, he's appeared to me. At least, if this is the same person. He could simply be a charlatan that has done his research. But that doesn't explain how this man can speak Aramaic, let alone why I could understand it.

If I have figured this out correctly, Cartaphilus, then what is the next step?

No comments:

Post a Comment