Friday, June 17, 2011

Sunday Night Part 2

She was screaming for most of the night before I was finally able to help her get back to sleep. I did all I could, but it's not enough.

So, the fourth proxy was maskless and looked familar to me. He began attacking the other three proxies. He managed to move pretty fast, considering he looked like he was at least a good 10 to 15 years older than me. He continuously attacked the other three proxies, while I lay on my back, still in pain from the beating I had received. My vision was going blurry and dark, I didn't think I'd be able to stay conscious for much longer.

At this point, I noticed the man had pulled out what looked like a dagger of some sort. He was now stabbing the proxies, in non-vital points as not to kill them. Getting a little tired himself, he manages to finish taking down the three proxies, leaving just him, Samantha, Kelley and myself. Samantha seems extremely pissed now, and she pulls Kelley up and looks down at me.

Samantha: I told you to come alone, Luke. You failed, and now you are going to be punished for that. (she kicks me in the head) I hope you both enjoy your punishment.

At this point, she pulls out a large knife of her own. I'm expecting to see her stab me with it, but I was wrong. I heard Kelley let out an ear piercing scream of her own. I try to push myself off with my left arm (the one that wasn't broken), and I see Samantha running away. I turn the attention to Kelley, and she is holding her stomach, crying out, "Oh my god, my baby! My baby!" Where her hands are on her stomach, I see a large trail of blood running down. I try to crawl over to her, but everything was going black. I managed to get next to her before I finally collapsed and passed out.

When I came to, it was late Monday night. The man who helped me on Sunday was sitting in the chair next to my hospital bed. Still not sure who he was, I tried to talk to him.

Me: Thank you, for helping me. I'd probably be worse off if you weren't there.
Stranger: You are extraordinarily lucky I managed to pick off one of those proxies before they attacked. You and Kelley would probably be dead.
Me: Yeah, you're definitely...wait a second. How do you know Kelley's name? And more importantly, how do you know who I am and what was going to happen?
Stranger: Your sister is right, you can be stupid at times. Who is the only person that's been trying to help you this whole time?

I finally put two and two together and realize just who this was: The Count.

Me: You know, why couldn't you simply tell me who you are?
Count: If I revealed to you who I was immediately, I doubt that you would have believed me. It's better for you to learn everything and figure it out. It makes it more believable when you learn it on your own.
Me: Well, you said you had one last clue for me. What is it?

The Count leans in to me and whispers into my ear. The words do not sound like they are English, yet I can understand exactly what he says: This gift is my curse, to be alive forever. Do not doubt HIS existence, for HE made me this way, in order to take on Him.

Me: Those words. I can understand them, but they aren't English.
Count: That means you are ready. The words I spoke are of an ancient language long since dead. Only a few scholars in the world can speak it fluently. Your final clue is what I said, and the language I spoke it in: Aramaic. And with that, I must take my leave of you.
Me: Wait, what about Kelley? Is she alright? Where is she?
Count: She's here in the hospital, you can go and find her. You may not be happy with what you find though.
Me: What do you mean?

But as I said that, The Count had taken his leave.

I have to attend to Kelley, I will post the final part of what happened later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment