Friday, June 24, 2011

Therapy

Kelley and I have been to see a psychiatrist a few times this week. Our first visit was on Monday, where we both went in to talk to the doctor. She simply wanted to get to know us, why we were coming to her, etc...

Kelley just seemed so emotionless, so empty, as she talked to the doctor. Except for when she has been screaming and crying at night, there seems to be no life coming from her anymore. I've heard stories about people going through depression after having an abortion or miscarriage, but I didn't imagine it was like this.

Kelley spoke with the psychiatrist on her own on Wednesday, and I went back for a solo session yesterday. The psychiatrist said that I'm dealing with the recent events fairly well, and that there is no need for me to see her on my own. It's not that I'm heartless and have simply moved on from this. I need to stay strong for Kelley, in order to help her get through this.

She still doesn't know exactly what happened to her. She doesn't know who it was that kidnapped her, who attacked me, who helped me, etc... The truth is, I don't know how to explain it to her. At least, I don't know what to say without telling her everything: my past, what I've been dealing with, not to mention informing her all about Him. Although, after everything that has happened, what's the worst that could happen if I did tell her? (knocking on wood as I type that, hehe)

Been doing some thinking and research on The Count's last clue. I haven't come to anything conclusive yet, but I'm not giving up. Although, maybe I need to take a night off from everything.

I'm taking Kelley out tonight, hoping to take her mind off of things. It is opening night for the fair up here, and even though the weather is not great, it may be a nice night out to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment