Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Investigation Begins Anew

So, despite Sammie being taken, my sister's near disappearance, and all the other crap hitting the fan, I have decided that I want to renew my original investigation purposes for this blog.

I wasn't sure how to start on it, but I knew I wanted to look into missing person's cases. At the suggestion of Kay, I realized how to start.

I may not be as smart as Dr Cairo, I may not have the skills of Zeke, and I may not have the amazing connections that Ava has, but I do have one thing that is of a big help.



My father.



My father is a firefighter/fire inspector/EMT. He has been working as an EMT for 25 years now. He also works in the same building as the police in my town. So needless to say, he, and myself, have been pretty close with the cops, him more. It made sense that if I wanted to talk to a cop about missing person's cases in the area, my dad could help me set that up.

But how to ask him? I couldn't simply walk up to him and say "Dad, I need to talk to a cop about missing persons because a creepy tall man with tentacles and a suit may be taking them all." So I had to think of a somewhat clever lie.



Me: "Dad, I know you've wanted me to consider becoming a cop. I thought that if I do, I'd like to specialize in missing person's cases. Do you know if any of the cops in town have dealt with a lot of those, just so I can get info on the way it can be handled? It will help me make a better decision on if I want to do it or not."

Dad: "Well, I would have referred you to Donald _____ (last name omitted for security reasons), but he did pass away a few years ago, remember?"

Me: "Yeah, I remember. That was very sad. He was a good man."

Dad: "Well, maybe you can try Donnie, his son. I'm sure he has access to his dad's files, and you know him well enough. I'm sure he'd be glad to help you out."


So, Dad gave me Donnie's phone number. I called him when I got out of work tonight. He does have his father's files, and a few of his own missing person's cases he has worked on. He is off from work tomorrow, as am I. So I will be meeting with him for lunch to discuss everything. If I find the connections I'm looking for, I may reveal a little more to him, but not enough to really drag him into it. Hopefully, this will open up the trail for me to find information I need to help others. Wish me luck.

-Lucien Drage
Member of the Isabel Initiative
Fighter for the Cause
Survivor of The Threat
Defender of the Scared
Friend of the Free-willed
Brother to All

No comments:

Post a Comment