Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stupidity

On two different levels.

Stupidity level one: between 8:15pm and 8:30pm last night, I started hearing strange noises coming from outside. I thought it was the stray cats fighting or in heat, since there are plenty of them around my block alone, let alone the town. Though, being cautious, I still went outside with my cane-sword. I go out the side door, making sure I have the light in the back yard on, which is where the noises seemed to be coming from. I get into the backyard, and then.............

Blank

I found myself back in my room, and it was now 4:30am. I was in my pajamas, laying in bed. I don't remember what happened during those 8 hours.

I woke up this morning and my parents had this almost disgusted look on their face. I asked them what was wrong. They said they found two dead stray cats in the backyard, completely gutted out. I immediately ran back upstairs and checked my sword. No blood, thankfully. But that means one of two things: either I did do it and cleaned the sword after, or it was somebody/something else. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Stupidity level two: The symbol from The Count. I was so dumb not to realize it. I knew it had looked familiar to me, but I just couldn't remember from where. At work before I got home last night, I saw the symbol again. But this time, it was upside down. This is where I had seen it before.

It was a brand on one of the horses my job takes care of. The symbol wasn't 7-C, it was )-L, although I still have suspicions about it being both ways. And since brands on horses are basically ways of saying somebody owns the horse, that means that whoever owns said horse either is friends of, related to, or is The Count. Today, I'm going to talk to my boss, see if he can get me any information on the owner of the horse.

I now have my first lead on The Count's identity. Let's hope it turns out fruitful.

-Lucien Drage
Member of the Isabel Initiative
Fighter for the Cause
Survivor of The Threat
Defender of the Scared
Friend of the Free-willed
Brother to All

No comments:

Post a Comment